Skip to main content

Press "Enter" to search or "ESC" to close.

Trump Threatens Iran With Unprecedented Bombing if He Is Assassinated

Trump threatens Iran after revealing that he has left instructions with the Pentagon to launch massive airstrikes if he is assassinated
Share on FacebookShare on InstagramShare on TwitterShare on TikTokShare on YouTubeShare on WhatsApp
Trump Threatens Iran With Unprecedented Bombing if He Is Assassinated
Foto SANA’A (Yemen), 10/07/2026.- A digital billboard features US President Donald Trump (L) and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman as Houthi supporters stage a protest in solidarity with the Iranian people, and against US airstrikes on Iran, in Sana’a, Yemen, 10 July 2026. The US military resumed strikes against Iranian targets on 08 July, shattering the interim ceasefire between the two nations. (Protestas) EFE/EPA/YAHYA ARHAB
  • Trump threatens Iran.
  • Pentagon receives instructions.
  • Bilateral tensions escalate.

Donald Trump said he has left instructions with the Pentagon to launch a massive attack against Iran if he is assassinated as part of an alleged plot attributed to the Islamic Republic.

The President of the United States, Donald Trump, stated on Friday that he has instructed the Pentagon to respond with an unprecedented military offensive against Iran.

According to Trump, those instructions would only be carried out if he were assassinated as a result of an alleged plot orchestrated by the Islamic Republic.

Trump threatens Iran with bombing if he is assassinated

 

Ver esta publicación en Instagram

 

Una publicación compartida por Periódico El Día (@eldia_do)

The remarks were made during an interview with The New York Post, amid another deterioration in relations between Washington and Tehran.

Trump said he believes the threat against his life has been real for several years.

  • Why it matters: Trump’s comments once again raise tensions between the United States and Iran amid a backdrop of recent military confrontations and mutual accusations.

Donald Trump says he left military instructions for retaliation

During the interview, Trump said he has already determined the response the Pentagon should carry out if an attack against him takes place.

«They’ve had me on their list for a long time. That’s what we’re dealing with,» the president said.

«I’ve left instructions: if something happens, bomb them literally to levels they’ve never seen before,» he added.

His comments came after media reports claiming that Israel had warned the United States about an alleged new Iranian plot to assassinate Trump.

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: ICE Reportedly Attempts to Deport Witnesses in the Lorenzo Salgado Case

The president responded to those reports when asked about the existence of a possible assassination plot.

However, during the same interview, he also appeared to downplay those reports.

Trump said there was no new specific warning from Israel.

«No, no. Israel hasn’t said anything. No, no,» he replied.

Even so, he insisted that he has believed for years that Iran considers him one of its primary targets.

«I’ve been number one for a long time, and that’s life, you know?» he said.

Trump downplays a new plot but insists he remains a target

Although he denied that there had been any recent warning from the Israeli government, Trump reiterated that the threats against him are not new.

The president made it clear that, in his view, Tehran has long intended to target him.

During the interview, he was also asked about the possibility of being assassinated.

«I hope they’d miss me,» he responded.

The remarks come at a time of renewed diplomatic and military tensions between the two countries.

Washington and Tehran are experiencing another period of confrontation following recent clashes and escalating threats.

That situation has effectively ended the ceasefire reached last month.

Days earlier, Trump had already publicly referred to the threats against his life.

On Wednesday, while attending the NATO summit held in Turkey, he acknowledged that he remains one of Iran’s primary targets.

The president linked those threats to the military operation he ordered during his first term.

According to Trump, the threats stem from the 2020 killing of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani.

Tensions rise as Iran faces changes in its leadership

Trump’s remarks coincided with new developments inside Iran.

On Friday, funeral ceremonies were held for Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.

According to the available information, Khamenei died during a bombing on the first day of the military offensive launched by the United States and Israel against the Islamic Republic on February 28.

During the ceremonies, the continued public absence of his son and successor, Mojtaba Khamenei, also drew attention.

The new leader has not appeared publicly since his appointment on March 8.

His absence comes amid rumors regarding his health.

Those reports claim he was injured during the war, although no additional details have been provided.

Meanwhile, Trump threatens Iran and continues to dominate international attention as tensions between Washington and Tehran remain high.

The possibility of further military retaliation and the ongoing exchange of threats continue to keep relations between the two governments on edge.